WSFFA Representation on NVFC EMS/Rescue Section
WSFFA Past-President TJ Nedrow was re-elected to a two-year term as Section Secretary and WSFFA Treasurer Ed Mund was re-elected to a two-year term as a Section Director-at-Large at the annual National Volunteer Fire Council EMS/Rescue Section Spring Meeting April 27, 2019.
Through this participation in the NVFC, Washington volunteers are being represented on a host of issues with national scope, including:
- Recently completed EMS Agenda 2050
- Congressional Fire Service Institute “Fire-Based EMS Advocates” group
- NHTSA EMS Nomenclature project
- NFPA Technical Committee on Ambulances which is currently working on
- NFPA 1917 Ambulance Standards;
- Promoting NFPS 1917 to the federal General Services Administration as a replacement for the GSA KKK standards that are being phased out; and
- Monitoring efforts by the industry group “Committee on Accreditation of Ambulance Services” to create its own set of ambulance standards to replace the federal GSA KKK standards.
- NFPA Technical Committee on Emergency Medical Services which is currently working on:
- NFPA 450: Guide to Emergency Medical Services and Systems; and
- NFPA 451: Guide to Community Health Care Programs
- EMS Performance Measures
- CMS Emergency Triage, Treat and Transport (ET3) model
- National EMS Scope of Practice
- Ground Emergency Medical Transportation (GEMT)
Anybody with input or questions on any of these topics is encouraged to contact TJ at email@example.com; or Ed at firstname.lastname@example.org.